Generational economics a discipline of the future for Africa!
To fully understand the repercussions of the age structure of the population, it is essential for researchers and experts in the field to go beyond traditional economic and demographic analyzes of the structure of the population. The problem that this represents requires in-depth analyzes of the interdependencies between different groups and generations. Within this framework, generational economics specializes in four main economic activities: work, consumption, sharing and saving.
Africa having started an explosive demographic transition and which will extend over the next decades, it therefore seems essential to train a young generation of experts and researchers capable of monitoring and capitalizing on the economic, social and environmental repercussions of such a transition. The continent will thus have a better chance of seizing this opportunity to emerge definitively from poverty and underdevelopment.
OBJECTIVES OF CERTIFICATIONS
The certification course associated with the master’s degree in generational economics and public policy specifically targets the following objectives:
- to promote the development of in-depth knowledge highly adapted to African realities in economics but also to skills in areas specific to the generational economy;
- to train professionals, either (i) to enable them, on the one hand, to acquire real skills in the issues of public policy evaluation, and on the other hand, to know the principles of policy evaluation public and the requirements to be met for a coherent and satisfactory public management of public projects according to the normative reference;
- to identify and master the quantitative techniques used in the field of economics ;
- to master the basic concepts of communication and advocacy and know the vocabulary needed to engage with targets.
Holders of these certifications could be employed in many other activities, where they can promote a multidisciplinary culture. This can be particularly appreciated in activities related to eco-demography.
Lasting 120 hours, it aims, among other things, to acquire skills relating to generational economics and the evaluation of public policies.
Opening from January 2021.
The targeted certifications are, among others:
– demo-economic analysis;
– in-depth economic analysis;
– evaluation of public policies;
– quantitative techniques ;
– communication and advocacy.
The certifications mainly target:
- professionals or other political leaders wishing to enhance and enrich their skills;
- managers of other professions led to the introduction of demography into the analysis of economic phenomena;
ADMISSION CONDITIONS AND PREREQUISITES
Certification courses during this training are accessible to candidates holding at least a Bac + 3 level diploma, demonstrating a good knowledge in the fields of economics, statistics, demography or any other discipline deemed equivalent.
A pre-selection will be made thanks to an online application form. Additional information may be requested from applicants.
The final selection will be made after a meeting of the Master’s pedagogical committee. Successful candidates will be officially informed by email of their selection. The list of candidates selected for each certificate will be made public on the CREG website.
No individual communication will be made to unsuccessful candidates.
In the event of pre-selection, you will have to complete a registration form and provide various supporting documents: civil status, photocopy of diploma, school grades.
- International organizations dealing with population, generational economy and development issues;
- Public or semi-public bodies with economic development and regional planning services (local authorities, consular chambers, town planning agencies, technopoles, etc.);
- Large companies with a specialized service on population, generational economy and development issues.
- Regional program coordinator on population, generational economy and development issues ;
- National program coordinator on population, generational economy and development issues ;
- Analyst of Generational Economics issues;
- Public policy analyst.